Filtronetics has a long and successful history of supplying LC and crystal filters for use in space. Some of the programs that we have participated in are listed below.
• In the late 80's, Filtronetics designed and manufactured a multitude of Band Pass LC filters used in the LADNER Space Satellite Program. As a result, Filtronetics received an award for Supplier Excellence.
• In 1993, Filtronetics supplied phase and amplitude matched Low Pass LC filters for the Polar Space Craft Receiver. These filters were used in scientific instrumentation and were in orbit until a few years ago when the satellite was taken out of commission.
• In 1993, Filtronetics designed Low Pass LC filters for the Custer Space Craft Receiver for use in the instrumentation panel. This spacecraft is still in orbit today.
• In the mid-90's, Filtronetics supplied Low Pass LC filters for an instrumentation application on the Cassini Space Craft Receiver.
• In 2001, Filtronetics was selected to design crystal filters for a receiver used on the New Horizon Space Craft destined for a mission to Pluto. New Horizon Space Craft was launched on 1/19/2006 from Cape Canaveral, FL. The spacecraft continues its navigation to Pluto and is scheduled to arrive 7/14/2015.
• In 2010, Filtronetics delivered a Low Pass and Band Pass LC Filter bank consisting of twelve different models for use in the Juno Program receiver. This receiver was launched from Cape Canaveral, FL on 8/5/2011 and is scheduled to arrive at Jupiter 7/2016. The receiver will be used to capture specific environmental data.
• In 2012, Filtronetics delivered Crystal Band Pass Filters for the Radiation Belt Storm Probes (RBSP). This mission launched on 8/30/2012 from Cape Canaveral, FL. The main purpose of this mission is to study solar weather and the Van Allen Belts. On 3/26/2014 this mission was deemed successful. Data is still being gathered from this mission.
• In 2014, Filtronetics delivered Crystal Band Pass Filters for the Solar Probe Plus mission. This mission is scheduled to launch 7/30/2018. The main purpose of this mission is to study the outer corona of the Sun.
• 2014 Europa
• Filtronetics was selected to design filters used on the Space Fence Project for preliminary award qualifications.
These are examples of only a few of the space programs that Filtronetics has been involved with over the years, demonstrating a sound knowledge of the intricate requirements for space programs.